Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Joy

We were walking down the street, 2 year old Maddy and I, when we heard small children playing in their back yard. We turned toward their yard to watch, said hello, and there it was. Joy - in the form of children giggling as they jumped in a small wading pool. Maddy, without hesitation (or a swimsuit), immediately jumped in. Splashing and giggling, she shrieked with joy.
Such a small amount of water, not wearing the correct apparel and not aware of anything other than one thing - enjoying life.
Could it really be that easy? Could we stop thinking about what others think or what clothes we are wearing?
Maddy did.
I think she searches for fun. I think it is natural in her.
Did it used to be natural in us and we "grew up"?
I picture God, watching us each day, like I was watching Maddy - and I think He enjoys watching us enjoy life. It sure did brighten my day to watch her have so much fun.
Can we just jump in and giggle once in a while -
Maybe even search for fun?
And, in doing so, bring a smile to Our Father's face?
I can learn from a 2 year old.
Here's to finding joy today!

No comments: