Friday, September 23, 2011

Memories Alone Will Get Us Through

I woke up singing "You and Me Against The World" and smiled.
Because the words "When one of us is gone and one of us is left to carry on - then remembering will have to do - our memories alone will get us through" brought back a flood of memories.
Walking the beach, removing wall paper with steamers, golfing, laughing, driving, his napping on Sundays - so many wonderful memories bring warmth to my heart.
Now, unlike the song, it never was just "David and me against the world". We always had Jesus Christ, our strength, our provider, our comforter - and we always will.
But, I did enjoy sitting here remembering and thanking God for each memory.
Then, I asked God to give David a wonderful day in heaven - doing whatever he is called to do up there. And, I ask God to bless what He has in mind for me to do today here on earth. May it bring Him honor and glory.
Now - as much as it is fun to "think about the days of me and you (David)", like in the song, it is also exciting to think about what God has in store for each of us today with whoever is in our world.
Can you imagine what He has planned for you today?
When we focus on Him and not on ourselves, He can bring unimaginable joy - fun we never expected - into an ordinary Friday.
I love that about Him.
So, enjoy today - this wonderful present God created you for and gave you breath to unwrap!
This is the day The Lord has made - we will rejoice and be glad in it!!
Thank you, Lord :)

No comments: