Saturday, June 30, 2012

Filtered?

What is "who you are" filtered through? Are you someone who knows their identity - no matter what happens? Or, are your thoughts about "who you are" filtered through the opinions of others and relationships?
I have been experiencing a different kind of week - of course, all life is full of change. But some weeks seem more "full of change" than others. This week involved relationship mending and laughter, as well as relationship struggles and tears.
It is a battle to keep my mind focused on this:
My purpose is to glorify God each day - bring Him honor. Not myself or others.
It is that easy.
So, the question at the end of each day is pretty simple - "Did I honor God?"
If not, what can I change? Or, what can I do differently, so tomorrow will honor Him?
May the Lord remove your filters - and may your thoughts identify you as His child - a beloved creature - full of purpose - honoring Him - each day.
For Jesus' Glory!
Mary

No comments: