Sunday, January 25, 2009

Glory

Well, it was a day of being reminded that we live for God's glory. What matters is that Jesus would be glorified in all we say and do - each day - each moment of each day. God seemed to assure me of something David and I discussed a long time ago. Jesus is David's first love. That means that David is with his first love. How wonderful it is to remember how joy filled David is right now - literally basking in God's glory - seeing His face. I can say that David glorified God with each day of his battle. He truly lived for God's glory, not his own. And, that will continue to be my goal.
As I drove to Harvest this morning, to enjoy Ellen in the choir, God directed me to see a good friend, Sue, and her family, driving to Harvest. So I followed them and was blessed to sit with them. God surrounds us with His amazing people. He cares so much for each of us - loves us so much more than we could imagine.
Can you feel His love? Can you enjoy it?
I see His glory in faces singing out to Him in praise - many of them hurting hearts, yet smiling faces because they are bringing glory to God, not themselves.
May He surround you with His amazing people - and may you bask in the radiance of His glory which seems to splash on me when I worship Him. And, then, when He splashes His glory on you, may you take it to light up anywhere in your world that may be dark.
For Jesus' Glory, Mary

No comments: