Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Up and down

Wow - can we go up and down easy. I truly meant it, four hours ago, when I was asked how I was doing and I said "great"! I meant it.
And, I know I'm tired tonight - last night enjoying an overnight with the wonderful grandchildren who can take away a few hours of a good night's sleep, but still make it fun :)
But, missing my best friend. Missing telling stories about how my day was - stories about what I'm thinking and feeling - and having him listen and, then, slowly processing my thoughts and giving me his. David was a wonderful listener. He would really process what I said and give feedback. He allowed me to make mistakes and gently corrected them in my relationships with others or he would encourage me to not spend too much time with others who crossed boundaries.
He had an amazing, sharp sense of discernment and chose who to spend time with thoughtfully.
Wow, I miss his presence in my life. God in him was amazing.
Have a blessed evening,
Mary

No comments: