Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Wonderful Love Day :)

Oh - what a wonderful day to celebrate love! Valentine's Day is one of the greatest gifts - just celebrating love. I decided not to focus too much on missing my wonderful husband and to focus on giving love to others. I just gave out candy bags with notes to 16 people in a nursing home. What fun!
One of the notes said, "You are Special" with a Scripture verse beneath it. Isabel, upon reading it, looked at me and asked "Who says I am special?" I said, "Me and God think you are special." "WHO?" she asked. "ME and (pointing upward)GOD!" "Oh", she said, "Because I always thought I was special."
I am overjoyed right now with God's love - overjoyed that when I set out to give love to others, He gave me such a tremendous outpouring of joy!
David used to say that if you feel sorry for yourself, focus on helping someone else. Well, David was right (again :)!!
I celebrate God's gift of Valentine's Day and how much He loves each of us!
YOU ARE SPECIAL - GOD SAYS SO! Love, Mary

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey my friend,
I don't know if you remember or not, but a couple of years ago you came to me with such a giving heart and you shared that you thought God was calling you to do a Bible study in a nursing home. I LOVE it that you are seeing His call come to fruition, and you are blessing those 16 who you visited on Valentine's Day. Oh, you are special my dear friend!