Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Walking with God

As I took a morning walk, taking advantage of 57 degree weather, I asked the Lord and David to walk with me. Listening to the worship songs Ellen put together in our I-Pod for David, the walk began with tears of sweet walk memories with my husband and moved into a time of praise and thanksgiving to my Lord. As I turned the halfway stretch, I began to notice all the litter along the path and thought "If I had known, I would have brought a large garbage bag and one of those sticks to pick some of this up." I walked a little further and, blowing toward me on the sidewalk was a huge empty plastic bag. A very clean bag that must have held many gallons of rice for the school nearby blew right next to me. I picked it up and began bending over as I walked - picking up pop cans, beer bottles, newspapers, styrofoam pieces, juice boxes, milk jugs etc. (even some rice krispie treats)! I looked up to the clouds and said - "Okay, you knew, even though I didn't, that it would be a nice walk for picking up garbage." The bag was full by the time I got home.
He walks with us, He talks to us, He comforts us, He knows. Our Lord knows.
I am so grateful.
For Jesus glory,
Mary

No comments: