Sunday, June 7, 2009

Equally Yoked

There was a time when David considered a franchise, as a business opportunity, in a company called Equally Yoked. This company tries to help single Christians meet other single Christians.
I've decided to contact them.
There is pain in missing David and some of the pain is in being alone at events.
I realized that I will always miss David - until I see him again in heaven.
But, I actually thought that I had to miss him - sit in this pain - as a way of preserving our love. I think I was holding on to the memories in a painful way. For me, there was so much fun in being a couple - he made my life and each event sweeter. So, because of him, I want to be open to being a couple again.
This is, I think, bringing some extra hope into my life. Hope of more and more of Christ's love for me through humans. And, hope of a little less pain.
Now, I know Christ is all things to each of us Christians and will continue to be the love of my life. David will be second (though, he and I agreed our children were tied for second in each other's lives).
I trust the Lord to bring more and more hope into your life - He is a God of hope and love - and we are so blessed to know Him!
For Jesus' Glory, Mary

1 comment:

Michelle said...

If I remember correctly, David would have celebrated a birthday this month. I can't believe it was 16 months ago that God called him home. I can't believe this is his second birthday since he passed.
May God bless your desire to be a couple again, not in place of David, but because of the good relationship you two had you can be excited as to the possibilities of what is yet to come.