Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Full Head

Really? Can our heads be so busy with so many thoughts that it is full?
I think so - mine is right now - and has been all day.
It seems that we have a certain number of things we can handle -
and then, the thoughts spin around so much that we get dizzy - and our head feels full.
And, when our heads start to spin, we can do some things without thinking them through.
At least, I can.
You see, in order to not drink in front of her (as she couldn't drink before surgery) I "hid" my green drink in my purse. Now, those cups with lids are supposed to keep the beverage from spilling, right? This thoughtful gesture backfired.
The green drink did not fully close on the top like I thought (or did I?).
I had green on my wallet, notepad, a book and many other things, but guess what it missed - the package of kleenex in the same area.
How did that happen? The kleenex would have "drunk" it up!!
So, I stop - take a deep breath - and there it is - God's love in the form of a laugh.
She asked why my shirt was green on the way home from the hospital.
I remember turning away from her so she wouldn't see me sip the part of the drink that escaped the bottom of my purse, and as I did, it spilled on my clothes. I didn't realize how green they were until she noticed.
I laughed.
I guess the drink missed the kleenex, but found avenues to a lot more.
Well, when our heads are full, I guess we have to look on the bright side.
The surgery turned out well - that is all that matters - even if I come home green.
Enjoy your life when your head gets full - and try not to carry opened beverages with you :)

No comments: