Friday, August 19, 2011

Tea Kettle

I saw a tea kettle hanging from a tree - the top of a wind chime pouring air into the cups dangling below. I first saw it years ago in a Copper Kitchen store and picked it up. There was a good friend who had a birthday coming up that loved tea. She may enjoy this wind chime, I thought to myself. She did like it - and liked me remembering her.
Our friendship was born out of pain. We were neighbors, but when her husband battled cancer followed by my husband's battle, we were drawn really close. It is kind of interesting that fighting similar battles can give you a sweet closeness to another.
God did a remarkable thing in bringing us together. Over the years, He filled many empty places in my heart with His love through her.
As I walked the streets with grandchildren and saw the tea kettle this week, I was reminded of His faithfulness. Even though she has moved, it still remains in the tree, chiming a song of His love given to each of us through friends and neighbors. It is a sweet sound.
I am eternally grateful.

No comments: