Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Moving On

We have heard it many times - forgetting the past and moving on - it is even Biblical. I believe the verse is Philippians 3:13 "forgetting the past but looking forward to what lies ahead".
I am not sure, but, for me, the past I want to forget I do forget once I've confessed them - those things that I did not do right and are now forgiven.
The good of the past, I really don't want to forget - in fact, I want to bring it with me to what lies ahead - hopefully learning something that will benefit the future.
Like love - I never want to forget the love I have received - and will bring that love into the future to love others as I have been loved.
The next verse reads "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."
Moving on - pressing toward - looking forward -
It all means taking a step in the right direction - and it is active - we do need to put our "oomph" (I checked - it is a word:) into it!
God bless each of us to take the next step forward - in the right direction - toward the prize - a high calling of Our Lord, Christ Jesus.
Enjoy stepping toward His calling on your life :)
MB

No comments: