Thursday, October 18, 2012

Trying to get in - great!

It started Sunday - when opening the garage door after church.
I was greeted by a huge black spider sitting on top of a pillow. Finding my handy spray insect eliminator, I sprayed this huge invader and he simply walked away. UUGGGHHH!
Two hours later, I saw another one on the other side of the garage - UUGGHHH! I broke my broom trying to shoe that one out of the garage.
So, I called my pest management team. They had sprayed a week ago - what was happening?
They could come on Thursday at 10. Great!
Thursday at 8:30 - just pulled into the garage from a work out - and another one on a floor - UUGGHHH! I froze in my car.
What is it about these spiders? I can take care of little ones, but this critter is huge. So, I do what any brave woman would do - I called the exterminator and asked him to come an hour earlier. I could sit in my car till then. He couldn't.
So, I called neighbors. Two darling women came over in minutes - I hoped one of them did not share my uneasiness with these critters.
I moved the ladder in front of it, Pam slammed a piece of cardboard on it and did a dance. She called it a spider dance! It worked.
So, at 10, Chad, the exterminator, was kind enough to throw out the cardboard and identified the critter - a wolf spider - even he was surprised at the size - wondered why it was so large in this area. Could it be all the corn fields in Aurora??
Chad sprayed my basement again - and crawl space - but did not see any webs.
He said they were probably trying to get inside for the warmth - not coming from inside out to my garage.
Trying to get in - not out - that was good news.
Now, I hope the rest can find shelter underground somewhere down the block - and that they stop trying to become my house guests!
Blessings,
Mary

No comments: