Monday, October 8, 2012

18 years ago and today

Yes, it was 18 years ago today - October 8, 1994 - that I took a walk with Erin and cried - telling her how I had to break up with David that evening.
And, all the while, he had purchased a ring and asked her and my other children for permission to marry me. How difficult it must have been for her to watch me cry knowing the joy that the day would bring.

Life can be funny. We can spend a lot of tears on something that is not real.
Our emotions can control a minute, an hour or a day - depending on how long we
"camp" with them.
I started out that day in sadness - and had trouble falling asleep that evening due to overwhelming joy.

So, what does today hold for each of us?
I have a plan. Instead of starting out with sadness, I choose to start out the day with an expectant heart! I do believe that Our Lord has joy planned for me today - in fact, He is probably speaking to someone on my behalf right now - and I may have trouble falling asleep tonight due to overwhelming joy!

And, to all those with overwhelming circumstances that do not yet see a ray of light - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
We really do not understand how much He loves us and the plans He has for us.

With an expectant heart - God bless you with Joy today.

For Jesus' Glory,
Mary

No comments: