Thursday, September 20, 2012

Feeling Normal!!

Wow! Can a little bug really affect our bodies. Thinking I had a head cold, I decided to cancel some appointments - good call - only to come down with a fever.
Now, if you have not had one lately - I do not recommend it. Besides your head feeling like it is moving without your help, everything from tile floor to sheets becomes freezing! Trying to consume fluids - keeping cold compresses on your head - the remedies help, but until you experience that wonderful sweat that means it has broken - it is a "trip" as they would say in the 60's :)
And, then comes the morning! Glorious! Very weak, yet thrilled to not experience the freezing tile, I walk gingerly - testing the waters. My head is back to normal - oh - this feels good.
So, I wonder - do we really ever appreciate these tremendous bodies? I think I take mine for granted sometimes. Waking up and moving about normally - what a blessing!
I appreciate the little things this morning - desiring a bowl of cereal - doing laundry - actually, any movement that allows me to go from point A to point B without dizziness!
So, I thank God for my "earthly tent" that houses my spirit - and the way He designed it to carry me about my day.
May you enjoy your body today - the complexity of such a gift amazes me and I am so grateful for the design!
Blessings!

No comments: