Sunday, July 7, 2013

Order

We are made in God's image - and, when we are at our best, we are imitating His attributes.
Today, I am focusing on order.
God is a God of order. How else could the sun be as hot as it is and not burn up the earth? Or the earth rotate at the exact speed it needs for life to survive? How could a moon orbit the earth in exactly the correct path to give us light at night and influence the oceans perfectly?
I love order. Coming home from a short trip - putting everything in its place - restocking the fridge - throwing out things no longer usable - organization - OH - I LOVE ORDER!
Maybe a little too much? I have been known to throw out things others were not ready to get rid of yet - and have used a "one year" policy with clothing - if you have not worn it in a year, you will probably not wear it, so give it to Salvation Army - or someone who can wear it this year :)
Now, my little world is nothing compared to the large galaxy God put in order - or, should I say galaxies!! But it is what God has put me in charge of for today - and I want to please Him with keeping things in order like He would.
So, enjoy what you have charge of to keep in "order" - enjoy God's attribute of order in you -
"Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea ... over all the earth ..."
Enjoy today!!
For Jesus' Glory,
Mary

No comments: