Wednesday, July 10, 2013

That Involved - Really?

Really? Can God be that involved in our lives - each detail?
The Bible says that He knows the number of our hairs - how minute is that?? - yet I rarely give enough thought of His complete involvement.
Then, today, there He was again - reminding me.
I had two different grocery lists on the same piece of paper - because I did not complete the first one yesterday.
Walking around in Jewel with my list, I realized I must have dropped the piece of paper - and could only remember one of the two remaining items. Did I want to back track all of my steps - each aisle I had already visited searching for my piece of paper? Well, actually, no, I didn't.
Turning into the aisle for my second to final item - a simple thought - "God, can you help me remember the final item? What was it?" - Blank mind. A rare thing in my head.
As I picked up an item in the aisle, John, the man from the dry cleaners next door, enters the aisle. "HI!" he says. "Hi, John!" "Good to see you!" I say back.
"It is hot at the cleaners today - we need more drinking water." He shares as he passes me with his empty cart.
I stop.
REALLY?? Yes, really. Bottled water was the item I could not remember. Then I remembered that there were only two left in my fridge and it was on my list.
John came down my aisle - the exact aisle - and not the water aisle - at the time I asked God a question - with my answer.
Really??
Yes, God is that involved.
Enjoy His involvement in your life today:)
Blessings,
Mary

No comments: