Friday, October 10, 2014

Change

Change is definitely a trigger word - there can be change for the good or ...
Many changes form us yet are out of our control. Especially because they involve others.
How many of us love doing things with people and situations that have become traditional? I think all. And, for a good reason - we enjoyed it last time, so we expect to enjoy it this time.
My life has changed more than I could have imagined when I was a teenager. My hopes and dreams centered around people, not career, though I did dream of becoming a teacher. My dreams usually revolved around my wishes - selfish goals that would make me feel like I had done something right - or what I thought I was good at. I am so grateful God is in control and not me - for my life has been so full and not at all what I would have imagined!

Well, as life changes - my response is usually, at first, a little taken aback - and I need to get grounded - find my footing.

It takes longer with a huge change - like someone very important to our lives being called to heaven - when every second of our lives feels different - Recently, a good friend from Kindergarten was called home. She was a light in this dark world - a wonderful, amazing woman of God I loved very much. Her children and grandchildren will have a huge void in their lives and I pray they will find firm footing on Christ - the solid rock. Nella is enjoying Our Lord's rewards and basking in unimaginable beauty right now. She showed Christ's love to all in her world and I am so grateful she knew Him and where she was going.

To smaller changes - like waking up today and not hearing Cozette chirp. I greet her each morning - yet she did not chirp back today. Cozette is a cockatiel that has outlived cocktatiel's life spans - she was over 20 and has been a sweet presence of God's creation and a small slice of life in the kitchen. The home is quieter - feels a little different - so, I immediately go to gratitude.

Thank You, Lord, for birds, dogs, cats, and all animals we humans can house as pets. Thank you for the life they bring into our everyday existence. Thank you for their love and the joy they bring to each day.

And, thank You for the capacity You give us to love. I am amazed at Your love through me to others and through others to me - I am so grateful and amazed!

I can only imagine what You have prepared for those who love You :))



No comments: