Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Never Once

How amazing that God raises up songwriters and singers just when we need them :)
When Amy mentioned the song "Greater", I listened to it and immediately purchased it to learn its message.
When Sue mentioned "Overwhelmed", I listened to it and, once again, wanted to learn more about God's Holiness through it.
This morning, a new song played called "Never Once" and it transported me back 35 years ago.

It was a normal labor - quiet, yet almost holy - and milder than my other two labors had been.
The song talks about struggles and labor can be a struggle, but knowing what it is doing brings joy.
When the Dr. said I was ready to deliver, I simply said, "Really?", as the pain had not been that intense.
They wheeled me into delivery and a little while later, I heard "It's a boy!" and it was a sweet sound to hear.
In the recovery room, the Dr. took my hand - "I am so sorry - I did not predict his size" he gently whispered. "Everything is alright", I reassured him. I don't think he delivered many 9 pound 12 ounce babies. But, I was thrilled the baby and I were doing well and excited to hold him. Thanks to his size, we went home from the hospital early.
As an infant, he was always satisfied - he did not cry often. He has continued to be a delight ever since.

I go back to that day - "Never Once" was God not with me. Holding my hand - directing the Dr., easing the pain in my body - and I am so grateful we serve a faithful God.

This week, that son is having a son - and I pray our faithful God is allowing a holy labor and delivery for his wife and child - and that His son is as satisfied as he was as a baby - and brings his parents much delight.

Thank You, Lord, for being faithful and never once not being a part of our lives.

For Jesus' Glory!

No comments: