Friday, October 2, 2015

It is your choice ...

I am new to The Orange Theory - and I love it. Exercising for an hour with a trainer explaining every possible move to the class - striving to be better and work harder for the sake of the health of my body - being done in time for breakfast with my hubby - well, it seems like a great fit!
This morning, however, moving was difficult. I must have worked out muscles that are not usually used - or have not been used in a long time! It felt so good while I was doing it yesterday - but feels different today!
Movements like standing up and sitting down - reaching for something - bending over - are all met with "ewwww" or "ugghhhh" as I am vocal. I am trying not to complain, however, as I know I am improving my muscles and I am working on being less vocal - really -
Have you noticed?

Words have power and I would choose to use that power to bless others - and myself.
"Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring?" James 3:10
I understand this to mean that our mouths are able to do either - but we need to choose. We shouldn't do both.

So, working on only blessing with my mouth is difficult - and I need to keep it quiet a lot - because the words I am thinking are not a blessing - in fact - some are downright judgmental - critical - not who I want to be.

So, my challenge is to voice the blessings - and pray through the critical until it leaves my mind.

Enjoy your muscles - including your mouth muscles - use them to bless your body and others - and, somehow, there will be less complaining in your life - especially from your own lips - it is your choice :)






No comments: