Monday, December 8, 2008

Flesh day ...

December 8, 2008

What a difference - high and low - and everything in between. Our feelings are certainly interesting, aren't they? Living in these bodies God gave us can be entertaining - from goose bumps of joy and the excitement in watching God work (and thanking God for all He is doing) to cries of anguish as the flesh cries out with a longing to be with David -
Scripture tells us to "take every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ" - so the sobbing stops and I remind myself that God loves David - and God loves me just as much -
And during this slight interruption in our relationship, there can be joy in each moment. I just have to take the "longing" thoughts captive to God's promises.
And then, there's these thoughts I've experienced like "Okay - I've done this now - lived without David - let's get back to my real life" - like this is not reality. Which I realize it is, but it often doesn't seem real. Have you ever gone through a day "watching" your life - it feels like you are an observer instead of a participant? That happens, often, also, with thoughts of "did all this really happen and is this my life?"
Okay - let's remember - "I am going to prepare a place for you. When it is ready, I will take you to be with me." So, David's place was ready before I was ready for him to go to it, but it wasn't ready one minute early in God's timing. God's timing is and always will be, perfect.
And, "My grace is sufficient" - Okay, Lord - give me more grace today - I'm asking - "Ask and you will receive" I trust His grace is sufficient for you, today, also :)
Love, Mary

No comments: