Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thoughts for Wednesday

HELLO!!
Beginning to blog on this site - well, let's begin with Hope - the beginning of the Advent Season begins with a candle representing Hope. Hope - such a beautiful word.
The definition, in my dictionary, is "trust, reliance" and "desire accompanied by fulfillment".
Our hope is in Christ - I trust that He loves me - I rely on His presence to get me through the day. Without hope in Christ, I would hourly - no minutely (if that is a word) - fall down.
We celebrated David's life last weekend and had a wonderful evening. It is easy for me to speak about him and I celebrate what a gift he was to my life (and to other's lives) - and continues to be. My "love bank" in my heart is full and will always be - overflowing with all the love he deposited over the years.
When he was first diagnosed, he mentioned that I shouldn't purchase any expensive Christmas gifts, because if the chemo didn't work, he may not make it to Christmas. That memory takes away my desire to shop at all this year.
Here's where hope comes in - I can take that memory to Christ - trust that He can give David much more than I ever could - rely on Him to give to everyone I need to buy for - and let it go! My desire is accompanied by fulfillment through Christ - not having to depend on Mary. WHEW! What a relief :)
My hope, my trust, my reliance, is in Christ, not in myself. He is my strong tower.
May you enjoy the hope He offers us!
Much love,
Mary

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Girlfriend,
Love the new site. I look forward to reading more of your encouraging stories and
Christ-centered perspective on life.
Love ya,

Robin said...

Welcome to 'Blog-world' Mary. I look forward to keeping up with your thoughts here!