Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Let's see

Well, a beautiful covering of white - watching it fall and blanket the landscape with a clean, fresh, soft look - heartwarming from inside a home or business, but chilly to experience without protection - or covering.
In Ezekiel, God promises to "Bind up the injured and strengthen the weak". I'm definitely feeling that today. He has taken me shopping and I've accomplished all I want to in order to celebrate His birthday this year. Something huge has changed in me - something I've worked on with David for years, but, now that he is in heaven, it changed without a lot of work. That is, I am able to accept myself and what I do accomplish. That whatever it is, it is enough. I used to spend time evaluating myself - way too much time. Evaluating if I accomplished enough or did things right or explained things well, etc. Enough - praise the Lord.
I think I'm free. David would like that. He was free - and showed me how to enjoy life without a lot of evaluating.
I think it is easier to live this way :)
Have a blessed snow-globe kind of day.
Mary

No comments: