Saturday, May 2, 2009

1st Anniversary

I think that it has taken me this year for reality to "set in" on releasing David to heaven. No longer can I think "last year at this time ..." because, now, last year at this time David was in heaven. All year long, I would wait for my life to get back to "normal". I've heard about finding a "new normal". I'm not sure there is a normal. I think part of our battle in enjoying life is acceptance of it - with all it's changes. Going forward, one day at a time, expecting God to supply manna for each day and keeping thoughts focused on the fact that we live for His glory. Easier said than done - but let's try :)
As my brother-in-law described his recent time spent in Florida with his wife to me today, my mind immediately wanted to scream out - "that is my life - or should be - with David!!" But, I quietly listened to his golf stories, nodded and moved on to another conversation with the reality/acceptance of "that is not my life anymore but was a wonderful way to live. David and I really enjoyed when God gave us that life."
So, I'm resting tonight so grateful for the wonderful family God has placed around me - the wonderful children and grandchildren who will make this world a better place because David influenced them.
And, I do love the song that speaks about finally making it home.
For, someday, I do plan on jumping into David's arms and telling him how much I missed him. Then hearing him say that he is proud of the woman I became. That is manna for tonight :)
Love you,
Mary

No comments: