Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sat., May 2, 2009

I'm choosing to write about the songs I'm playing this Saturday at David's gravesite, in remembrance of his holy passing from this world to heaven's glory.
If you get to hear "Find Us Faithful", this song speaks of those who come behind us finding that we were an example of faithfulness to God. I think it honors David's life to remember that we do remember his faithfulness. Secondly, the song "God and God Alone" puts the right perspective on God's position and our position. This song was the first one we both chose to be sung at our wedding in 1995. I think it is a fitting reminder of God's place in our marriage and lives.
Thirdly, the song "How Great Thou Art" is the song that God used to usher David into heaven (and used our voices - as ungifted as they are).
Steve Green on I-Tunes sings all three of these well, but Jack Lanenga used to sing "Find Us Faithful" at ECRC and I always touched heaven's shore hearing it!
May you enjoy music in remembrance of those you love :)
Have a sweet weekend, Mary

No comments: