Friday, December 7, 2012

Close My Eyes

It is really that simple. When I close my eyes, I am able to be with David again.
I can easily imagine a sweet memory - can easily hear his voice - can easily feel that wonderful feeling - that comfortable feeling that His presence always initiated.
Yet, in the Bible, we are told that Jesus is always with us - and we do not have to close our eyes - even though we do need to sometimes block out the visible world to see into the spiritual world -
Maybe it is the same thing. With the visible world blocked out - with our eyes shut - we are in the invisible world - that is just as real and lasts a lot longer - the world that will last for eternity. I can only imagine!!

But, for tonight, I open my eyes and head over to a dance to celebrate the Christmas season. This was his favorite dance, with one of his favorite crowds and places to celebrate.
Though it could not possibly be the same without him - it can still be sweet.
I will remember him smiling at me as I dance on the floor with the girls - I will be able to visualize him by the table - talking and laughing with the men while holding a wine glass, waiting for a slow song.
And, tonight, the slow songs - well, they will be sweet memories as I close my eyes and am, once again, in his arms.
I think they call these types of evenings bittersweet -
and I am going to focus on the sweet.
I pray you have a blessed evening - however you are going to spend it.
By the way - it is a lot easier to stay home from wonderful things that David and I used to do together - and I am tempted to make a bowl of popcorn, put in a movie and veg.
But that would not be taking a step forward. And I really believe that when I take a step forward, he watches from heaven and says "Way to go girl". So, sometimes, I go so I can picture him smiling down at me.
That seems to beat out the popcorn :)

No comments: