Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sensing His Presence

It has happened before - but each time, I am unsure of what to make of it.
A feeling comes over me - a feeling that everything is all right - and I immediately thank God for the feeling because it seems like my life was when David was present.

This morning, I simply put on instrumental Christmas music, walked over to my bowl of cereal and there it was - a feeling that David was with me again.
I close my eyes and pray - and I sense His presence. Immediately, tears form.

There is only light available for my closed eyes in a portion of the room - is it the Lord's light or David's? Since they are together, maybe it is both.
All I know is that this peace I receive - this "feeling" of everything being all right is different than my usual feelings.

Somehow, I believe I am normally pulled away from believing everything is all right - there is so much pain and suffering - so many people hurting - so many loved ones lost - so many without homes - so many without - without -
That, once in a while - when it happens - I want to believe that everything is all right - that God is taking care of those I love - and that He will take care of all those suffering - that He will make everything all right.

So, I rest and am grateful for His presence - I take a deep breath - I thank Him that He is a God who loves us and has a plan.

And, then, I receive - the peace that passes my understanding.
And, I try to keep my focus on Him - not on the suffering of this world -
but on Him - and the reality that He will make everything all right.
In fact, that is why He came into this world. To make everything all right.

I love you, Lord.

No comments: