Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ash Wednesday

Ginger Creek held an Ash Wednesday service last night that was inspiring.
We were given the opportunity to worship God in song, worship Him by receiving communion, worship Him through Scripture teaching and worship Him by receiving ashes on our foreheads. Each experience opportunity was Scripture-ally explained.

It was a wonderful service and I walked out of there thinking of what I can give during these next 40 days - preparing for Easter - instead of what I can give up. I decided to give Him my thoughts - and to focus more on His Holiness and less on my life.

Upon arriving home, I muddled through some TV and, on Channel 11, found an amazing program about outer space. The program had satellite shots of our planet and the sun that were so marvelous - really beyond my words - and I saw God's HUGENESS in pictures of His creation. The scientists acknowledged how little we know about our "outer space" and planet. I sat and basked in thinking of our Holy God - who knows.

This led me to thoughts of The Knowledge Of The Holy - A.W. Tozer's book - which I have read and then given away numerous times - yet it remains my favorite choice for a book on my nightstand. Each chapter speaks of one of God's attributes and reminds me of how HUGE and how HOLY Our God is - which I love to be reminded of as I close my day.

Looking it up on Amazon, I was getting ready to order it - again - and saw it was available on Kindle for $.99. Really? I received a Kindle for my birthday last month and have yet to really dive into it. So, I ordered it and was able to sit and open this wonderful book in my Kindle early this morning.

I am amazed at what $.99 can purchase!! I have the most amazing book (next to the Bible) available forever on this computer device - and I can be reminded to focus on God's Holiness not only for 40 days - but for the rest of my life!!

May your thoughts enjoy our Holy, Amazing God - however you focus on His attributes :)

For Jesus' Glory,
Mary

No comments: