Monday, February 11, 2013

My Past Idol Worship

I have spent several weeks trying to discern my feelings in several relationships. Processing and the mental torment that can come with some thoughts do not seem like they are from God. And, thoughts have taken up a lot of my gift of time
- which is so precious.

This morning, when I woke up, I immediately went to my knees and prayed for discernment. I am amazed at how quickly The Lord can answer our prayers! Within an hour, it was revealed to me that I have made an idol out of relationships. I have spent way too much time on thoughts of others - and how we relate. I repented of idol worship - which had made relationships huge in my life - and am now free :) When my focus was spent on what others thought - or what I should do about what they did or did not do, I was spending precious time on thoughts that could, instead, be thoughts of love - and focus on how big God is - and what He did for me.

Our time and our thoughts - what do we spend them on?

I choose the verse in Philippians - 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - meditate on THESE things."

Sweet - God's Word gives us directives on our thoughts - and a way to focus for today!

Lord bless each of us with a Philippians 4:8 day - may our thoughts be focused on these lovely things.
For Jesus' Glory,
Mary

No comments: