Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Family First

He was a good employee and the boss saw a bright future for him at the company.
He called him into his office and offered him a raise and promotion.
"I can't accept it at this time", he gently declined the offer .
"I don't understand" answered the boss. "This is a great promotion!"
"Yes, it sounds great. The timing is not good for me. I recently married and promised my new wife that I would devote the first year of our marriage to her and if I took this promotion, it would require too much attention away from her."
The boss did not know what to say.
As the year progressed, the boss began counting the days down until that first year of marriage was celebrated to promote this man. He saw value in his reasoning and the importance he had put on his marriage.

It has been 20 years since - they are still married with 5 children and he has moved up in the company more that once - he is an extremely valued employee because he knows his priorities and gives himself wholeheartedly!

"Work as if working for The Lord - and He puts family first :))"

No comments: