Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Thank You, Lord, for emotions :))

The year was 1990. Frustrated again at my full time job, I searched for another job. I decided to interview at one opportunity which paid more, but had a 1/2 hour commute. My current job was 5 minutes from my home and my children's school, but we were not making it and I was tired from holding two jobs down to try to make ends meet.
I also felt overwhelmed by the work load expected weekly.
The interview went well. Up to his final question.
"What is your number one reason for wanting to change jobs?" He asked.

I could feel the tears starting to well up. It was late in the day - already getting dark.
I was tired and emotional.

"My children", I said.
"I need more money to support my children."
And it let loose - all the weight I had been carrying of not having enough money all these years.
My crying was the final noise in the room as I tried to shake his hand.
I knew I would not hear from him with a job offer.

I went back to my frustrating full time job with a new attitude - And asked for a raise.
I resigned myself to stay - no matter how frustrated I got.

It was within a year that David G. Bulthuis walked into the lobby and asked to speak to me.

If I had pursued leaving that job, I could have missed that historical visit from a man who changed my life.
Thank you, Lord, for my emotions :))

No comments: