Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wine! (Not my cranberry juice?)

A friend asked my opinion on a book and I love to give my opinion, so I purchased it.
In the beginning of the book, there is a simple questionnaire that reveals what habits of mine could be silently harming me neurologically. To answer true to a question actually counts against you and I got a 7 out of 20 - not bad, but not good, either. And, one stood out - that could have gotten me a 6 out of 20 - in other words - taking better care of myself.
It was: "I don't drink wine." - True was my answer - which was not good.

Now, what could have gotten me a 5 - even better - would be my lack of a dinner drink.
One question was: "I drink fruit juice" - True was my answer - which was not good!

Really? I get closer to harming myself neurologically if I don't drink wine? And, I harm myself neurologically if I drink fruit juice (too much sugar)?

Well, after skimming some of the chapters of the book, I did purchase some of the supplements suggested - I needed Vitamin D anyway and I lost a point for not taking it daily - so after picking up Vitamin D today, I came home and served, along with my beef vegetable soup, red wine.
The bottle was a Christmas gift we put in a cabinet - and I don't remember the last time I consumed wine nor have I read the part of the book yet that explains why it blesses my neurological system -
But, I am game.
It sounds like, according to this Dr. and his book "Grain Brain", that I will get two less points against me to exchange my usual dinner drink, cranberry juice (according to him, one serving of fruit a day and I have fruit at breakfast, so my evening cranberry juice is a no-no)for a glass of red wine. One, he says, and not more than one.

Well, cheers to a new opinion and my brain cells.
Now, as long as the kidney stones never come back from lack of cranberry juice :)

OH - and, he recommends drinking the same amount of ounces of water that equals 1/2 of your body weight every day - really?
Really - we shall see - maybe my next post will be with a clearer head and clearer neurological system :)

For Jesus' Glory,
Mary

No comments: