Friday, March 20, 2009

March 21, 2009

Well, here is the beginning of the anniversary. Tomorrow, March 21, is exactly one year to the day that the Dr. found fluid "where it shouldn't be" in David's body. One week later, March 28, we heard this fluid had cancer cells in it. As I have written already about expecting to be thankful during this anniversary season, I admit that there is growth and grieving (thanks, Gail!). Growth in my appreciation of all this wonderful man contributed to my life and grieving the loss of his presence.
My car broke down yesterday and I had plumbing problems - two things he loved to deal with. Even though I felt God's presence and guidance (He sent Ellen with me, so I was not alone and we could have had an accident on 294, but the Lord somehow allowed the car to roll off an exit), I still missed telling David what happened. I got used to sharing fixing things with him. He was a great partner :)
God has given me many years without a husband before meeting David, but, the bottom line is from the Bible - "It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a suitable partner for him." We suited each other well. I miss him.
So, I understand bittersweet - it is bitter to lose someone you love, yet sweet as the Lord provides everything you need.
May you be blessed with everything you need today - God is our provider!
Love, Mary

No comments: