Sunday, March 1, 2009

Making All Things New

Let's. Let's join Christ when He promises to make all things new. I certainly can use some new things - like a new attitude when my joy is stolen :)
I choose joy and try to say each morning "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." And, even with a comedian at church today, my joy seems short lived. It comes and goes - kind of like a breeze - I don't see it coming or going - it is just there and then it is gone.
I guess that is the reality of a "season of grieving". Our emotions kind of play their own game and our minds can't always stay on top of them.
For the most part, life is so much easier when we are joyful. Real joy - like belly laughing, tickling, singing a song, humming a tune. I remember a gentleman humming at work the other day and I stopped to listen - not that I knew the tune - I just wanted to enjoy his enjoyment of his work.
Remember Disney's "whistle while you work" song? I do. It had a good message. I'm in a battle for my joy and I'm going to take a stand and get it back - allowing Christ to make all things new :)
I think David would like that - his attitude was always to try to be grateful. Even if it seems difficult, we can find something to be grateful for in every situation.
Gratefulness probably leads to whistling - or maybe whistling leads to gratefulness. Oh well, we'll see - I'll try both -
Have a grateful, whistling while you work kind of week -
Mary

No comments: