Monday, July 18, 2011

Balance

It started with a suggestion that a gluten-free diet may bless some people. The next day, a friend suggested a "blood type" diet and, on the third day, a candida diet came to my attention. Now, I don't know what symptoms anyone else has - and, half the time, I don't know what my body has that could be "symptoms", but I am always interested in a cure.
Then I heard that if you go on a gluten-free diet and accidentally have gluten, you get sick. And, the blood type diet suggests, for my blood type, that I eat a lot of meat. I don't remember the last time I ate meat (turkey burgers, chicken and fish have been my staples for years). And, as far as a candida diet - well, I think I was supposed to take out all fruits (I am pretty sure it was eliminating sugars). Fruits have been a large staple since I gave up processed sugar as much as possible.
So, I have decided balance is the key. Maybe a little less gluten will help my system (I was told gluten is like "glue" and holds things in your system), maybe adding a little meat once in a while and maybe not having an extreme amount of fruit.
So, I am enjoying a hamburger tonight on wheat bread, but with gluten free cookies and cranberry juice I have watered down.
Do you think my system will appreciate my new diet??
We will see.
Have a blessed evening!

No comments: