Thursday, December 15, 2011

Light

Returning lamps because of the lead content proved interesting. Pottery Barn was wonderful, but on returning home, I suddenly realized how dark the room was without those lamps.
We are called to be "light" to this dark world. (Matthew 5:14)
It is easy to see the darkness in our world - we hear it on the news and in each person's daily struggles. There is so much pain and darkness.
And, I wondered - could the light of Christ inside me make the same difference a light in a dark room makes? Could Christ's presence in me brighten some of the darkness I daily face?
As I sat in the dark room, finally having some illuminating light from a fixture in the next room, I pondered the thought - can the light inside me even pour into another person's life - after illuminating mine?
It was an AHA moment.
That light from the other room not only brightened up that room, but, through the lack of any light in the next room, sprinkled another space with some of the light.
Keeping this in mind today, I pray you and I will allow Christ's light in us to not only brighten any darkness in our lives, but pour out into other spaces that are not currently illuminated :)
Have a bright day!

No comments: