Monday, February 6, 2012

Mission

I've decided that we are each on a mission. Kind of like Missionaries from God - sent to earth - with His desire to have a relationship with us while we carry it out.
So, we go about our days - and forget we are on a mission.
At least I do. I start to think about what I think my life should be like.
My focus should be: "What would God want me to do today? With what He has given me - my physical, mental, emotional and spiritual state - how can I use them best to honor Him? Make Him glad He sent me on this mission?"
It has finally dawned on me that David completed his mission. Now, I want everyone's mission to be 80 or so years long. I think God loves that we love life. :)
But, I have no idea what their mission is on earth - only God knows.
In Psalm 139, it says that "every day ordained for me was written in your book before one of them came to be." He orchestrated the mission.

Now, we can do things in the hopes of living each day as well as we can - like taking care of our bodies by eating healthy and doing exercise - taking care of our minds by learning - taking care of our spirits by praying, studying the Bible, and relating to others. I do believe that God encourages us to take care of ourselves so we can serve Him better during our mission. And, we do have an enemy that tries to thwart God's purposes for our mission.
But, as I do my part in enjoying the gift of life, I also recognize that my mission is simply to serve an Amazing God that chose me to be His so He could walk with me through my mission - and make it more joy-filled - because He defeated the enemy already.
So, thank you Lord.
Thank you for my mission on earth - and for the mission of all those that I get to share life with - what a wonderful group of people to know and love.
We are wonderfully made -
Enjoy the way God made you and your mission :)

No comments: