Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fun For You!

So, what is it? What is it that makes your spirit soar - your insides smile while your outside beams?
I call it fun. And, I have found a key to fun in my life. Dancing. Moving to music - usually in a quick beat - mouthing words to a song and jumping around on the floor in some sort of rythym - FUN.
Now, that may not be fun for you. You may like another form of smiles - but I just want to encourage you to have fun.
When I was growing up, expressions like "act your age" stymied me - caused me to think before enjoying myself - "Was what I was about to participate in age appropriate?"
Cartwheels and handstands were given over to an appropriate age -
But, not any more. Now, I don't know if I can still do a cartwheel or handstand very well - but I may try as soon as the green grass is soft for a landing.
For today, though, I do know that when I dance, my spiritual, physical, mental and emotional being receives a burst of joy.
So, I will continue because I think that means God created me that way.
Here is a toast to you - and whatever you enjoy - may you participate in it fully and may your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual being receive bursts of joy :)
Have a blessed day!

No comments: