Monday, February 20, 2012

Reading

I love to tell stories. How much fun is it to enjoy a good story with a happy ending?
Now, the Bible is so full of so many stories, my favorite being about Our Lord and Savior paying the price for us to be righteous before His and Our Father. Sweet!
But, I learned a new one today.
Now, I have read the Bible a lot and it never ceases to amaze me. How can I read a verse and learn something new - when I know I have read it before?
Boaz is a sweet character in the Bible - he married Ruth - who the book of Ruth is named after. I have always loved the book of Ruth and would sometimes call David "Boaz" :)
Boaz married Ruth and they were used by God in the lineage of Jesus Christ.
Today, I found out who Boaz' Mom was - and to think that she was a harlot before being spared by Joshua and then marrying an Israelite, Salmon.
WOW - amazing how God put that together.
Joshua sent spies to Jericho, (before the walls fell down) and Hagar, the harlot, hid the spies from her townspeople. They promised her refuge when the city fell - gave it to her and she remained alive and well - along with all members of her family - when everyone else in Jericho lost their lives.
So, before a harlot - then, redeemed by God's people - and given a place in history of importance (see the first chapter of Matthew).
I am so grateful that no matter what our past involved, once we come to The LORD, He can make something beautiful out of our lives.
Amazing!
Now, you Bible scholars, feel free to correct me - but I do like what I think I learned :)
Enjoy your reading!!

No comments: