Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wham?

Well, we can just go about our day and - wham - there it is - a memory that takes us someplace else. Now, I was in a good place - even though I made mistakes today, I was able to live with them and believe God was teaching me something that I would eventually learn.
Then, deciding to hang pictures on a different wall - there it is. A wedding photograph. Now, there are very sweet photos I am blessed to own. Very Sweet. I am grateful for every photograph.
But, why, when I focused on my wedding photograph from 1995 - why did the thought enter my mind to take a hammer and break the glass?
Where do those type of thoughts come from?
Wow - taking every thought captive - yes, that is what The Bible asks us to do - and make it obedient to Jesus Christ -
Now, I know that breaking the glass is not obedient to Jesus Christ.
So, as I try to hang the picture, I thank God that I ever got the chance to spend time with this wonderful man that I was married to - and I softly place the picture on its nail with a gentle hand.
Taking every thought captive and making it obedient to Jesus Christ.
A much sweeter life :)

No comments: