Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lost and Found

It was a surprise to look at my ring finger and notice no center diamond! The rest of the ring was intact, but the prongs that held the center stone were standing straight up in the air - empty in their presentation.
I vacuumed the entire home - checking the bag for any sign of a small shiny object - to no avail.
Besides carefully vacuuming, I wiped all of the rest of the floors on my hands and knees - searching for any sign of this precious stone - again - to no avail.
My ring remained empty - showcasing the loss of a precious sentimental diamond.
Two weeks later, on an average morning, I hurriedly stepped toward the refrigerator and - WAIT - I felt something through my sock as I stepped. STOP!
I did.
As I turned around and bent down to pick up whatever crumb I had missed in my cleaning attempt the day before, I gasped.
Then, I gently picked up my diamond and watched it, as it rolled around in my hand - playfully glistening as the kitchen light reflected some of its glory.
How did it turn up weeks after my search - in the middle of a floor that I had wiped many times searching for it?
Only by the grace of God. He gave me back my precious stone and it remained a symbol of my engagement and marriage for many more years.
I am so grateful that God alone knows where everything is - and how precious it is to us - even when it seems lost.
Enjoy your lost and found - enjoy Our Lord - the giver of all good gifts. :)

No comments: