Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Puzzle And A Book

It was started by strangers - a puzzle left out in a large waiting room of a Doctor's office.
As I walked past the table, I slowly looked at the picture on the box of what it could become - a beautiful picture by Thomas Kinkade that could bring light onto the table once completed. I stopped yet stayed standing, wondering if I should pass some time waiting for my name to be called - by gently placing hopeful pieces in a home.
Well, it caught my interest as the first piece I touched moved into its slot.
I stood for a while and a woman approached.
"A puzzle", she muttered.
She moved a few pieces around and I showed her why I was working on the area that caught my eye.
"I think we can find this piece that will finish this area," I said, somewhat asking for her help.

We both worked together for a while - no words exchanged.
I looked up and as our eyes met, I knew she wanted to talk.
Our conversation began with the usual incidentals - where we were from - what we do with our time - and since she was pulling out a chair as she spoke, I did the same. The conversation continued for a while - the puzzle having a few pieces slide into place very slowly - and then it was said.

I told her about the book God encouraged me to write, Hope Revealed. I mentioned that I speak to women struggling with some of the things I struggled with like divorce, single parenting, remarriage and widowhood.
When I mentioned divorce, a tear formed.
Her story started to be revealed as the tear slid down her cheek.
She quietly shared intimate details of a 25 year marriage that ended sadly. She exposed her heart.
We continued to talk for quite a while - her visit to this Doctor was for support for her sister - and as she was being support, she was explaining her broken heart.
Another tear and a request for a copy of the book.

Her sister came out of the office and she introduced us with a smile. She mentioned my book to her sister and wrote down her name and address to receive one.
It was easy to hug her goodbye as, with God's timing, I was called into the Doctor's office.

I pray that the puzzle will bring a little light into the waiting room. And I pray that the book will bring a little light into her heart. And, Lord, that both lights will bring Jesus Glory.

God bless us, everyone.




No comments: