Thursday, April 10, 2014

Quiet, Trust and Healing

"When you don't know what to do - don't do anything at all."
One of my favorite David Bulthuis' quotes. It always pointed me to Psalm 46:10 - Be still and know that I am God.
How difficult it is to Be Still!
Waiting is not a "normal" thing for me to do - and goes against my grain.
It feels so unproductive.
Yet, it seems to be when I am most productive - mentally receiving peace - talking to Our Lord instead of to myself or other human beings - waiting on the Lord and His timing instead of Mary's timing.
And, trusting Him to fix things instead of me.

Today, I released many things over to Him during this "quiet" time - waiting time - prayer time - alone with Him.
It is easier to find time to pray with and for others.
I do think it is related to my need to "fix things" - or others - so many hurting people!
Instead, today, we spent time "fixing" ME - not with pride by too much focus on myself - but with honest communication of thoughts that have been pummeling my brain for a long time - yes, I am a hurting person also.
He reminded me of a book with a chapter on forgiveness. We spent some time with it today.

It actually feels good to take "Mary" out of the job of fixing people - fixing situations - fixing problems -
and - YES - there it is -
Trusting that God is big enough to take care of things without her input :)

Now, there is victory.
Now, that is life abundantly -
I have come that they may have life - and have it to the full - John 10:10 -
Releasing our wasted tormented brain time over to The Lord -
Freedom - Peace - in being still - as He quiets and releases - yes - fixes us.
Thank You Lord - I Trust You!

Praise The Lord!

No comments: