Friday, June 27, 2014

Mary Story

He had trouble at work. It was a stressful day - so he would stop, close his office door and call me while I worked at my desk.
"Tell me a Mary Story?" he gracefully asked.
Or, on some days, it was more of a plea - "I need a Mary Story" he would gently announce.

"Oh", I would quickly reply - "Sure!" and I would sit back in my chair and give a current "story" - something that happened - usually from that day - that was fun to share. It always broke up his thoughts and he could return to the stress of his business, after our telephone call, laughing.
We enjoyed sharing stories - about our lives - our families - our work - and dating was fun - really fun - because we learned more and more about each other that convinced us we wanted to be together forever. David was the first "reader" of my story by asking for one - one at a time - time after time. He was the man God used to change my story - Big Time!

Our stories are not only His plan for us - they are our very life and breath - what we do each minute of the day that He can use for eternity.

This week, I was allowed to invite my children to Wisconsin to enjoy a lake house. The last time we did this as a family, I was a single Mom and they were very young - it did not go well. We stayed one night in a friend's fishing cabin. It was full of spiders and webs and it became a long, sleepless night - though I was grateful for the opportunity.

Though they could not all come, I was blessed with another opportunity - and I watched my children parent their children - and enjoy each other. At times, I watched from afar - watched their stories unfold - thanking God for these precious children of His - thanking Him for His faithfulness.

My story is all about the relationships God has brought into my life - and especially my relationship with Jesus - it always has been and always will be.
May Christ be glorified.


No comments: