Sunday, January 15, 2012

1 Timothy 6:6

Okay - I have had the Bible being read aloud on CD for years. This week, I decided to put in one of the CD's because I am in two groups studying Hebrews. I thought I would listen to it being read as I cleaned the house. It has worked well more than once this week and given me some familiarity with the first few chapters.
So, early this morning, I decided to play the CD from the start, which is 1 Timothy - Hebrews starts on the 15th chapter on the CD. I thought it would be nice to eventually get to Hebrews, but I would enjoy more of this particular part of the Bible.
As I walked around getting ready for church, a passage caught my attention as I heard it read aloud "Now godliness with contentment is great gain." It caught my attention, because I don't think I was content this morning.
So, I researched where it was in the Bible, according to the chapters being read aloud and found it in 1 Timothy 6:6. I sat with it a while, trying to let it soak in.
Can I really be content and thus have "great gain" in my life?
Hurrying off to church, I put contentment in the back of my mind.
The very first Scripture verse today's speaker put on the screen was 1 Timothy 6:6 - we were even asked to read it aloud before he taught us about surrender and contentment.
Is the Lord always that clear?
I simply know He wants me spending some time working on contentment.
Enjoy His work in your life today.
Love you! Me

No comments: