Saturday, January 28, 2012

Spirit and soul?

A new friend gave me a big book several summers ago. I was reminded of it this week and pulled it out. This is a book of blessings for our spirit.

"The spirit and soul are portions of our being that we cannot see. Spirit is the element in man which gives him the ability to think of God. It is man's vertical window, while soul is man's horizontal window, making him conscious of his environment."
"Being filled with the Spirit means being so entirely occupied and controlled with God's Spirit that there is no room for me."

Well, as I work through some of these blessings, I do believe they will bless my life so I wanted to share part of one with your spirit today.

"You are one of God's masterpieces. God delights in how He made you. You have wise and gracious words on your lips that come from the wellspring of a righteous heart. Be blessed to live in the beauty of being well-pleasing to your Father. God is investing in you, caring for you, nurturing you, and blessing you, so that you can be a treasure and a blessing to the world. Be blessed with becoming everything He has called you to be and being all He has designed you to become in a way that makes all of heaven rejoice."

I am rejoicing with heaven over you :)

No comments: